“Please note that the statements found here and via our parent company website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”
I am proud to announce that while we are not on the market yet, I have recently become the United States Distributor of the Wonder Herb product, known as “Essence of Yunzhi” PSP a Polysaccharide peptide made
from the Yun Zhi mushroom.
Our product is from the COV-1 strain of medicinal mushroom discovered in 1982 at Shanghai Normal University that has been acknowledged by the scientific community as a biological response modifier (BRM) which has shown to have stimulatory effects on the immune system and in some cases has shown to be an inhibitor to the growth of some cancer cells.
As our recent submission to the FDA for approval reads: “The use of Yun Zhi can be found in the Chinese record of Ben Cao Gang Mu, written during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644)….”
The following are highlights the background behind Wonder Herb’s Essence of Yunzhi Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP) and its holistic benefits in combating cancer.
As such, the names of Yunzhi (as known in TCM), Coriolus Versicolor, Trametes versicolor (also known scientifically as Polystictus versicolor), Kawaratake (as known in Japan) and Turkey Tail (as known in North America) are the names commonly associated the same organic form of this organic mushroom product. While Polysaccharide Peptide (or PSP, as known in TCM) and Polysaccharide Krestin (or PSK, as known in Japan) are names commonly associated with the extracted, concentrated form of this polypore mushroom’s active ingredients, there are differences in their benefits.
This polypore mushroom has shown immune enhancing, antimicrobial, antiviral and antitumor properties, which have been attributed to a protein-bound polysaccharide called Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP). PSP is not only capable of stimulating the immune system but also modulating tumor cell function and the tissue environment to facilitate the local destruction of tumor cells by activated immune effector cells.
PSP has a much higher potent efficacy over PSK due to the bounding of peptide to polysaccharide during the process of extraction and production. Only when these two substances are bonded together, they can then be thoroughly absorbed by the human body and thus achieve the higher efficacy over other yunzhi production processes. The common misunderstanding is that the higher percentage of polysaccharide would lead to higher benefits. But, without the process of peptide bonded to polysaccharide, the polysaccharide is difficult to be absorbed within one’s body.
More specifically, when polysaccharide are bonded to peptide, it can then connect with a type of material (ie. ß 1,3 and ß1,6 polysaccharide receptor, called glucusan receptor) on the outer wall of human cells and can cause a curative biological response. When PSP is taken orally, and under the guidance of peptide, it passes through the intestine to enter the body and connect with the lymphocyte macrophages, NK cells, T cells that have glucosan receptors and activates them. This biological response enables the cells to secrete various disease-resistant materials like interferon, interleukins, prostaglandin, etc., along with other tumor resistant factors.
When comparing different yunzhi products in the market, consumers should pay careful attention to compare its ingredients and choose a product with PSP. Our Essence of Yunzhi is of the Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP) variety. As well, since the anti-cancerous ingredient of Yunzhi, protein bound polysaccharide, exists primarily in the mycelia, the strain Cov-1 used for our production of polysaccharide peptide (PSP) uses the deep layer cultivated mycelia as its raw material instead of using the crude fruit-body found in other brands.
Since its discovery in 1971, over 350 scientific and clinical studies have been published demonstrating its potential benefits to a variety of diseases, especially cancer. In China and in Japan, PSP/PSK is currently used as a cancer treatment, in conjunction with surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation.
Some of benefits of this our TCM, Essence of Yunzhi Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP) are:
· PSP is most effective when combined with a front-line anticancer treatment regimen (chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgery) for patients with many types of cancer. Randomized controlled clinical trials and meta-analysis showed that overall survival and disease-free survival are improved in patients treated with adjuvant immunotherapy plus PSP. PSP is also beneficial for maintaining general immune health with no reported adverse side effects.
· It minimizes the toxic and side effects caused by chemotherapy and radiotherapy. PSP can improve cancer survival by restoring and enhancing cellular immune functions in patients with depressed immunity due to radiation and/or chemotherapy or surgical stress after curative resection of cancer. As well, it has the ability to lower the cytotoxicity of certain anti-leukemic drugs via their interaction with cell cycle-dependent and apoptotic pathways.
· It alleviates common and undesirable symptoms suffered by cancer patients, such as fatigue, poor appetite, adverse pain, anxiety, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, and spontaneous night sweat. Simply put, it improves the overall quality of life for cancer patients.
· It stabilizes the white blood cell count (white blood cells combat infections, regulates the intensive and duration of immunal response and mediate cell-to-cell communication) ; increases the activity of NK and LAK cells, reverses the CD4+ /CD8+ ratio; and raises the value of Karnofsky evaluation.
· Other non-immunological properties includes improvement of appetite and liver function, calming of the central nervous system and enhancement of pain threshold. With the benefit of the immuno-therapeutic as well as the non-immunological properties present, PSP can be taken in a daily regimen in the prevention of cancer as well as one’s general health maintenance.
Because of the TCM nature of PSP, it reap all the natural curative properties but it does not suffer from any known side effects even when combined with conventional cancer medication. This is because PSP does not interact with other drugs nor affect hepatic drug-metabolizing enzyme activities indicating that drug efficacy is not affected by PSP when used with other medications. Although its anti-cancer effect is not as potent as that of chemotherapeutic drugs, PSP does not cause harm to the normal cells. In other words, PSP possesses the ability of distinguishing between normal and cancer cells.
PSP is recorded as an anti-cancer fungal substance suited for treatment regimens used in cancer management by the American National Cancer Research Center but has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
WARNING: However, because of the active immuno-modulating benefits of PSP, organ-transplant patients should use extreme care, if not avoid it completely. Patients should consult a healthcare provider before taken this product if you are currently on immune suppressant medication.